To post a product on Product Hunt, you'll need a personal account.
After logging in, click the "+" button in the top right and submit the product's URL to begin. Throughout the posting process, you will be able to see a preview of what the various aspects of the post will look like. Each post should include the:
- URL - Direct link to the product page (avoid links to press or blogs) as the primary link and then app store links. You can add social links separately after submitting the post.
- Name of the product - Only the product's name, no description or emojis (unless it is a part of the name) in this part.
- Tagline - Very short description of the product (make it catchy!)
- Topics - It's best to include only a few that most strongly relate to the product.
- Download link - If the product has additional links such as to the App Store, Google Play, etc. you can add them here.
- Thumbnail - It is best to use an image with square dimensions. We recommend 240x240. You can use a GIF for your thumbnail, but it will need to be under 3MB and not too 'flashy'. GIFs with strobing effects, quick cuts, unreadable text, etc. are not recommended and may be edited by the Product Hunt team.
- Status - If the product is still in beta, or not fully released yet, you can select the option to indicate that it is not available yet.
- Gallery - The recommended size for images in the gallery is 635x380. You can upload multiple images to the gallery at once. Once the images have been uploaded, you can also drag and drop to re-order them. The gallery will need 2+ images before it is viewable.
- YouTube video - For videos, only YouTube links are supported. They will also need to be the full URL. Shorted links will not load.
- Description - This is where you can give more information about what the product is and/or does within 260 characters.
- Makers - You can select the option to include yourself as a maker during the posting process. Be sure to add the makers by their Product Hunt username so they can join the conversation!
- Product's Twitter account - If you have a branded/company Twitter account for the product, you can add in a link to that account here.
- First comment - Be sure to kick off the conversation with a comment about the product!
- Launch/Schedule - If you're ready for the post to go live right away, you can select the 'Launch Now' option. The site operates on PST so your post will go live on the site according to PST. You can find more information about the scheduling option here.
If the product hasn't been submitted before and meets the community guidelines, you will be highlighted as the hunter for that product.
Feel free to share a direct link to the post on social media to let others know about the product.